Sunday, July 29, 2007

Dinner at Nilai.....

Huh?? Nilai? There are plenty of choices when come to food selection...Malaysia is a food heaven...why one would drive 1hr out of town to dine in Nilai. I have been to this place twice...so it just came to my mind why not take a slow drive there again...and enjoy a good dinner there?? Its Saturday anyway....so I drove there and pick up a friend in Bangi along the way to join me for dinner.....and the place is: Aunty Aini's Kampung Cafe.
Kampung Cafe??? Yeah...Kampung Cafe...a place you dine under the open clouds and also there are sheltered areas plus a special area, where you sit cross legged around a very low Japanese like table ala kampung style. Speciality? Aunty Aini's speciality is the kampung cooked dishes. Some of these authentic home cooked dishes such as Daging Salai Masak Lemak Cili Padi, Ikan Jenahak Asam Pedas, Sambal Tumis Udang, Ayam Kampung/Puyuh Goreng are some of the dishes on the menu.

Apart from having authentic kampung styled dishes, Aunty Aini's also serve Western food. Yup, I saw huge portions of steaks, chicken chops and even pizza being served to patrons. Food here are good i would say...apart from the cozy and relaxing environment where you can enjoy your meal with friends. The place is not huge though but was packed with patrons coming in and going out....

I suppose words spread around that draw crowds to this place.....my favorite dishes:

Ulam that comes standard with the Kampung Dish.....
Daging Salai Masak Lemak Cili Padi Udang Galah Masak Lemak Cili Padi or with Sambal Tumis (this is hot!!) also yummy....
Puyuh Goreng
Either the Sawi or Kailan Goreng Belacan is my favorite Vege dish there :)
I won't leave without having the Tapai Ais Krim desert :) How to get there......

No comments: