Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Trip before CNY.....

Made a quick trip back to Penang last weekend. Actually not a quick trip as I took leave on Friday (1st Feb)...just that too many things to do and accomplish over the weekend that really make time flies.....As I will be celebrating CNY in KL this year with my cousin's family....and with my mom who is now in Singapore staying with my sister.....I have to make this early trip back to Penang to do what we normally did on CNY eve i.e. offering prayer to my ancestors plus other prayers......etc.

What else to have after penat2 doing all the marketing alone??? (as my brother has to work that morning). Hehehehe....of course I won't miss the opportunity to have my favorite Kueh Teow T'ng (Kueh Teow soup) from the stall which I had since i was still a kid! Dulu2 jual kat belakang jalan....now dah jual dlm kedai :) Of course one thing cannot miss is my favorite Kopi Kaw....hehehe

Right after the breakfast....I head straight to the place to meet my brother to offer prayer to our nenek moyang. Then my next stop is .......

Yes....I made a visit to the Kek Lok Si Temple in Air Itam.....

What were I doing there? Well, during CNY....it is a common sight for chinese to visit temples....offering prayers and seek blessings for a great year ahead. So, those little lanterns in red and yellow (or Kwang Min Teng in mandarin) hanging inside, outside the temple and also around the whole Kek Lok Si temple are 'sponsored' from thousands of devotees that had came to offer prayers and seek blessing for the year ahead. Each of them bears a family or individual name. I wonder where my lantern will be held??? :) One lantern for the family (mom, bro and sis) and one lantern for myself (praying for good health and smooth career...and also....???? Cannot say....biarlah rahsia....hehehehe

Coincidently, that night was the night where the Penang CM will do the official light up ceremony....the whole Kek Lok Si Temple will then be lighted up with these lanterns that will definitely set a beautiful night sight that one can view from far.

No comments: