Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Could have been gone.....at wrong place and wrong time

This was what happened when I was about to leave the Petronas Station opposite the office on Friday.....the front tyre decided to give way while "leaving" the station after I filled up the petrol, had a loo break and took a quick bite at Dunkin's Donut as it was about lunch hour. The right front wheel like "broken" and coming off from the disc where the tyre is secured!!! Notice somehting was not right when I turned the steering wheel to reverse the car out from the parking.
I stopped and went down for a look and got a shock to see wheel has bent so badly inward. Immediately, I move the car back into position and called up my mechanic to get a tow truck to tow my car back to the workshop....
Later at the workshop found out one of the screws was "broken"..... I told myself how lucky I was as I can't imagine what if the screw gives way when I was on the move....driving at 110kmh on the highway....etc??? It could be a disaster ahead where the car could eventually lost control on the road and the worst could have been happened!
Thank God I made that decision to stop at the Petrol Station at the right place and right time for a loo break and quick bite!Else......
Malang memang tak berbau.....tak memilih hari and waktu. I am just too lucky this time....

No comments: