Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What Happened....????

The Story: 2 Idiots .....
It was on Thursday night... on my way home from work as usual. When I was about to exit from one of the roundabouts which I usually took....suddenly came a motorbike with 2 idiots (indian couple) head straight into the roundabout without looking and not realizing I was coming from their right! I have 2 options....i.e. A) I bang them to hell or B) I step hard on my brake.

I chosen option B so I stepped HARD on my brake....hard enough to swirl my car left right and create the huge sound on the road to make them realize how close the death call was on them! When they started to realize they just stopped their bike in the middle of the roundabout and I have no choice to bring my car to a halt...it is a busy roundabout and I know my car was blocking someone's exit.......I was hesitating for a while if I should move or let the biker move first....

The Story: and 1 Hit & Run....
.....within 5 sec a car from the exit I was blocking....while still deciding if I should go or let the biker goes 1st....another car came trying to show the "superior" driving skilsl by squeezing through the gap (that shows how patience KL drivers are)....but obviously the judgment was not that good and the car knocked my left back bumper. My back bumper came off :(

The driver didn't even stop and left the scene just like that! #$%^%$%. Too bad I did not manage to take down the plate number. Yes....you! the chinese lady in that old silver proton saga...i hope you read this as I did cursed you to hell! OK? No thanks to the 2 idiots created the scene in the 1st place. I ended up sending my car to the workshop the next morning to check and fix anything caused by the knocked....couple of hundred bucks gone and I have to delay my trip back to penang....

The Story: On The Funeral
The weekend trip which supposed to be back home to celebrate winter solstice festival (the last festival in lunar calendar before the arrival of new lunar year) since mom decided to make a trip back to penang. She probably knew this going to happen that's why she opted to go home instead of spending that couple of days in KL with Sis's in law. Mom called after I was knocked out at the roundabouts to inform our neighbour had just passed away......

Timing was bad....I was angry on hand but felt bad and with heavy heart since I knew this is not going to be easy for mom as this neighbour had been taking care mom when mom was illed after her operation when she was diagnosed with cervical cancer 4 years ago. And now this neighbour died of bone cancer. When the time our neighbour was diagnosed/confirmed to have bone cancer (after 3 months of in/out the hospital, MRI, Blood check....etc.) it was already too late since it has started to spread and became invasive, and too weak for any kind of treatment....he died in 2 months time! How fragile our live is......

The Story: On the Accident
After the funeral and all the prayers taken place for our neighbour and also our own prayer for the Winter Solstice Festival....I thought everything going to be ended and fine. It was time to make my trip back to KL after lunch with my family and a short nap to refresh myself. Sadly, just on my way out from my sister apartment before I even managed to get into the Jelutong Expressway heading the Penang Bridge....a got hit from the left yet by another car. Yeah....thank you very much....another lady driver! An indian lady probably 7 months pregnant this time....damn! I think my luck really "Suei" and "Hak Kor Mak Tau" even more "Hak" then indian!

Both of us heading the same direction into a split road (single lane on left/double lanes on right heading to Penang Bridge). She was in front of me and was on the left lane exit while I was on the left lane of the right exit. When she realized she was on the wrong lane/exit she just turned and changed to the right lane/exit without even looking if any car coming from the back! No signaling also! When I realized what she was trying to do...immediately I switched to the right lane of the right exit trying to avoid her.....she obviously panic when I honked at her to let her know I was coming from her back....and I think she was so panicking and freak out until she "steps" on the "accelerator" and ended banging into the left side of my car.
I really don't understand how she could still bang into my car since the 2 lanes on the right exit was quite "WIDE" while me already trying to avoid her by switching my car to the right lane??? Aduh.....

Worse still....after both of us stopped...she stayed in her car (trying to call someone for help...may be my angry look makes her think I might be samseng), then she came down say sorry and the "DRAMA" starts!!!! She start crying!!! I am not familiar with this place....I just finished my class at USM....not feeling well la.....etc. Aiyo....please la am not a hindustan or bollywood fan ok? If you are not fit to drive....don't drive! Then her friends came from the same class came along, mom and my brother also came also.....the tow lorry also came...as typical malaysian passerby...people came down to be Keh Poh Chee.....meriah betul suasana petang tu.

Not much choice but to make police report as the damage was quite bad....then we both agreed to make police report at Jalan Patani Police station. I go ahead first while she is staying back with her friends to wait for her hubby to come. I hate to deal with policeman and I never like to step into police station after my 1st accident 8 years ago (if you know what i mean)... ding dong here and there, being investigated by the sarjan, tangkap gambar...etc. 3hrs gone. Then the other party bulu hidung pun tak nampak.....!!!!

On the way out of the police station...the hubby called asking me to cancel the police report and settle sendiri. I told him very frankly....look at my damage it is not something can be settled with couple of hundreds bucks.....he wanted me to cancel the report, he would pay me RM500 cash deposit, giving me his name card and then I send my car to workshop and he will pay for the repair???? Ingat saya ni bodoh ke??? Nanti cancel report, amik your RM500 and then you gone missing how??? Begged me for help as he doesn't want to loose the NCB rupa nyer....later found out his wife banged someone also and they have to change insurance company as the existing insurance company refuse to insure the car anymore! Well, no my problem right?

Then I counter offer him....looks! I will not settled for any uncertified/illegal repair. I will call my mechanic/foreman to estimate the repair....I have 24hr to cancel my report, you have 24hr to make your own police report.....now I get my estimator to estimate the repair and you have 24hrs to make full payment to the workshop....then only I will cancel my report. He agreed....then my brother called the mechanic/foreman to come to look at the car and estimate the cost of repair. The estimated cost came out to be RM1,500.....after another hr delay outside the police station....he said he can't pay for it and he will proceed to make police report!??? Wa lau eh....buang masa aku...."kau kau chan mou pong chan"! Now I have to celebrate arriving of 2009 without my my legs (I mean my car)....huhuhu. Betul2 suei!

Not mentioning the part dealing with the policeman, the workshop people and the insurance company pun blom habis2 lagi...argh!!! I hate accident.....
So, that was how lively, meriah, event filled weekend I had.....guess what I can say now is: On positive note....I end year 2008 with a "BANG"!!! Maybe I should take my colleagues advice i.e. go Batu Caves and pray.......kidding :)

4 comments:

Family First said...

Time to change new car for the new year with your big fat bonus lah.

Anonymous said...

haiyoo wha a story. nak ketawa ada, kesian pun ada. hehhehe

swt said...

I have also encountered similar situations. So now I am more careful. I always put the signal lights when switching lanes. Always use the horn to warn idiots.

Times are bad now so I try to be more careful. No $$$ is an incentive to drive carefully.

2L2M.... said...

-> SWT: horn to warn idiots??? idiot got panic and step on accelerator and bang into you faster!!! u don't have time to avoid!! :)