Sunday, June 24, 2007

TV Series Fever......

The Golden Girls is an American Sitcom that originally aired on NBC from 1985 - 1992...7 seasons with 166 episodes....I am sure it was a hit in US back in that time.

With The Golden Girls NBC brought to television one of the first representations of senior women coming together to create a circle of friends that functioned as a family. The program centered around four main characters: Dorothy Sbornak (Bea Arthur), a divorced school teacher; Sophia Petrillo (Estelle Getty), Dorothy's elderly, widowed mother; Blanche DeVereaux (Rue McClanahan), a widow and owner of the Miami home in which all of the women lived, and Rose Nylund (Betty White), a widow and an active volunteer in the community.

Aside from the mother-daughter relationship between Dorothy and Sophia, no other family relations existed between the women, yet they shared their daily lives, dreams, fears, and dilemmas as a unit. The group life of the characters enabled expression of diverse opinions and approaches to problems the women faced as individuals.

This is one of my uncle's favorite sitcoms back in the 80s when I was still a teen in my secondary school. Saw the Season 5 (26 episodes) on display in one of the Video shops ...I bought it without hesitating much....

Finished 6 episodes last night.....after some 20yrs...I must say I still find the sitcom is vey much enjoyable to watch. Let see if I could complete the rest of the seasons :)

Also added to my collection...Grey's Anatomy Season 3.

And also....Dante's Cove recommended by the shop promoter.

Well, looks like lots of catch up need to be done at night and on weekends!!! Hehehehe...

1 comment: