Here is the whole experience dealing with the Customer Service Centre:
Being a techy you would want to bypass the unnecessary middleman (dealer) by sending the faulty unit to the Service Centre and deal with them directly.....
The Service Centre is basically organised & systematic. That shows their seriouness in serving their clients. 4 counters (only 2 were opened) with the std Q system, 2 soft spoken and polite ladies handling walk in customers/dealers.
I was lucky as there were no other customers/dealers when I arrived that morning. The process overall took about 20mins (registration, verification, checkings, describe and show them the problem) before the service tag was issued for me to keep track on the service status later on.
(Imagine if you arrive at the wrong time (which I did later) with a long queue of customers/dealers sending not only laptops but other products under the same brand name for service and repair with each case would take around 20mins??)
Before I left the lady told me: Mr.Ng, our engineer will check your unit and will get back to you on the diagnostic results within 3 working days. (Gosh!!! a max 3 working days to wait just for the problem diagnostic and confirmation???)
As a customer I don't give a damn on the diagnostic results?? 3 working days just to get the diagnostic results is out of my mind?!!! Obviously, everybody visits the service centre has a reason/problem why they were there.... I even spent time to show them how to replicate the problem just to make sure the engineer see it, with the hope they can narrow down to the root cause and get the problem solved fast.
My interest is how soon u can get the damn thing fixed!
After 2 days, the engineer called....
Engineer: Mr.Ng, we have diagnosed your laptop and saw the problem you reported. We found the VGA (Video Graphic Adapter) board was faulty and we will replace it....
Me: I know the problem....tell me how soon you can get it fixed?
Engineer: Err....Mr.Ng, we are sorry. We do not have this part at the moment. We have to order the part before we can replace it.
Me: What!? You guys don't keep spare parts? (though I have anticipated that...not that i want to bitch around). This is still a brand new unit and you are telling me you don't have spare parts for replacemnet? How long it takes for the spare part to arrive?
Engineer: Mr.Ng, I have already issued the part order. I can't tell how soon or exactly when we will receive the part. Normally, it takes 2-4 weeks for the part to arrive.
Me: What??! No! Is too long! I don't pay 6K for a new laptop and use it only for 2 weeks and then let it sit in your service centre for up to 1 month. It is unacceptable from a customer standpoint!
Engineer: Sorry Mr.Ng...we understand your frustration. Unfortunately, we do not have the part to replace it now.
Me: If you understand my frustration....even 1 week it is still too long for me to wait. I have many options out there for that price I paid. I have chosen XXX simply because it is known for its reliability in which after all it is well below my expectation when come to servicing. Either you guys are not ready to provide the service support or you guys are so confident that there would be no such failure or manufacturing defects from the manufacturers!
Engineer: Mr.Ng...we are so sorry. Actually, we seldom get this kind of system failure...we normally get only 1 or 2 cases with such problem in the past. (What a big blow!! Trying to apologise but rubbing salts into my wounds???)
Me: Well XXX (name of the engineer), you just said it! You should anticipate there would still be such system failure in nature, right? Telling me the low failure rate is just telling me I am 1 of that 1 or 2 unlucky customer! I must be very unlucky to have make that choice ... now talking to the support that can't do anything but asking me to wait another 2-4 weeks for the parts to arrive. That's not what i would like to hear!
Engineer: Mr.Ng....like this. Perhaps you can collect back the laptop. When the part arrives...we will inform you to send in your laptop for the part replacement. (What a damn stupid idea and suggestion!!!)
Me: XXX! Are you kidding me? Can I use itby collecting it back from you?? It is deemed unfit to operate under normal condition! I don't see the reason why as a customer I should tolerate with such incompetency in service for the $$$ I have paid for. Now you are asking me to take it back...come back later to get it fixed? Are you going to rebate my petrol and leaves?? I took leave just to send in the unit for repair. Do you think that is appropriate to ask in the 1st place?!
Engineer: Sorry Mr.Ng....I will do the best I could to help you here.
I shut him off ....... telling him i don't care how he expdites the spare part delivery. 2 weeks is too long for me to wait. I would bug him from time to time and escalate the complain to whichever level if neccessary. Imagine if you are travelling oversea or international travellers travel to Malaysia with similar problem that covered by this so called "International Warranty". Do you think you have purchased a peace of mind? How many travellers on business trip would stay 2-4 weeks in a country???
Being a techy you would want to bypass the unnecessary middleman (dealer) by sending the faulty unit to the Service Centre and deal with them directly.....
The Service Centre is basically organised & systematic. That shows their seriouness in serving their clients. 4 counters (only 2 were opened) with the std Q system, 2 soft spoken and polite ladies handling walk in customers/dealers.
I was lucky as there were no other customers/dealers when I arrived that morning. The process overall took about 20mins (registration, verification, checkings, describe and show them the problem) before the service tag was issued for me to keep track on the service status later on.
(Imagine if you arrive at the wrong time (which I did later) with a long queue of customers/dealers sending not only laptops but other products under the same brand name for service and repair with each case would take around 20mins??)
Before I left the lady told me: Mr.Ng, our engineer will check your unit and will get back to you on the diagnostic results within 3 working days. (Gosh!!! a max 3 working days to wait just for the problem diagnostic and confirmation???)
As a customer I don't give a damn on the diagnostic results?? 3 working days just to get the diagnostic results is out of my mind?!!! Obviously, everybody visits the service centre has a reason/problem why they were there.... I even spent time to show them how to replicate the problem just to make sure the engineer see it, with the hope they can narrow down to the root cause and get the problem solved fast.
My interest is how soon u can get the damn thing fixed!
After 2 days, the engineer called....
Engineer: Mr.Ng, we have diagnosed your laptop and saw the problem you reported. We found the VGA (Video Graphic Adapter) board was faulty and we will replace it....
Me: I know the problem....tell me how soon you can get it fixed?
Engineer: Err....Mr.Ng, we are sorry. We do not have this part at the moment. We have to order the part before we can replace it.
Me: What!? You guys don't keep spare parts? (though I have anticipated that...not that i want to bitch around). This is still a brand new unit and you are telling me you don't have spare parts for replacemnet? How long it takes for the spare part to arrive?
Engineer: Mr.Ng, I have already issued the part order. I can't tell how soon or exactly when we will receive the part. Normally, it takes 2-4 weeks for the part to arrive.
Me: What??! No! Is too long! I don't pay 6K for a new laptop and use it only for 2 weeks and then let it sit in your service centre for up to 1 month. It is unacceptable from a customer standpoint!
Engineer: Sorry Mr.Ng...we understand your frustration. Unfortunately, we do not have the part to replace it now.
Me: If you understand my frustration....even 1 week it is still too long for me to wait. I have many options out there for that price I paid. I have chosen XXX simply because it is known for its reliability in which after all it is well below my expectation when come to servicing. Either you guys are not ready to provide the service support or you guys are so confident that there would be no such failure or manufacturing defects from the manufacturers!
Engineer: Mr.Ng...we are so sorry. Actually, we seldom get this kind of system failure...we normally get only 1 or 2 cases with such problem in the past. (What a big blow!! Trying to apologise but rubbing salts into my wounds???)
Me: Well XXX (name of the engineer), you just said it! You should anticipate there would still be such system failure in nature, right? Telling me the low failure rate is just telling me I am 1 of that 1 or 2 unlucky customer! I must be very unlucky to have make that choice ... now talking to the support that can't do anything but asking me to wait another 2-4 weeks for the parts to arrive. That's not what i would like to hear!
Engineer: Mr.Ng....like this. Perhaps you can collect back the laptop. When the part arrives...we will inform you to send in your laptop for the part replacement. (What a damn stupid idea and suggestion!!!)
Me: XXX! Are you kidding me? Can I use itby collecting it back from you?? It is deemed unfit to operate under normal condition! I don't see the reason why as a customer I should tolerate with such incompetency in service for the $$$ I have paid for. Now you are asking me to take it back...come back later to get it fixed? Are you going to rebate my petrol and leaves?? I took leave just to send in the unit for repair. Do you think that is appropriate to ask in the 1st place?!
Engineer: Sorry Mr.Ng....I will do the best I could to help you here.
I shut him off ....... telling him i don't care how he expdites the spare part delivery. 2 weeks is too long for me to wait. I would bug him from time to time and escalate the complain to whichever level if neccessary. Imagine if you are travelling oversea or international travellers travel to Malaysia with similar problem that covered by this so called "International Warranty". Do you think you have purchased a peace of mind? How many travellers on business trip would stay 2-4 weeks in a country???
Next...Part II
No comments:
Post a Comment