Friday, May 9, 2008

Story Telling - Kota Kinabalu (Sabah, Negeri Di Bawah Bayu)

This is my 3rd trip to KK in 3 years time. Touched down at KK International Airport Terminal 2 at 4.30pm yesterday. The airport has also been renovated and given a new look too. After checked into the hotel room...ok...no complain on the room conditions...everything is in order and clean :)

Eh...got wifi in the room??? aiya...masalah connecting plak...check2 tak der gateway...call reception and was informed they are in the midst of installing and testing the new line...potong stim betul. Else everything would just fall in nicely for me in KK :)

Without wasting anymore time I get myself changed, picked up my laptop and start exploring the city before the dark falls.....so in 3hrs time I went to the following places...


1) The evening/open market next to the Filipino market

2) The Filipino market (not that I never been here..saje2 nak check it out)

3) Warisan Square (the in thing in KK town). Not in shopping mood just checking the place...quite a number of restaurants, cafes and pubs here...

Jalan2...letih dan dahaga plak...so sit down to enjoy air Kelapa Muda to quench my thirst...RM2.50/biji

Apa ni...Katil atas Pentas?? Ada free show ke?? hehehe....

Dinner time....went back to my favorite Seafood restaurant: Ocean Village which is located within walking distance from the hotel. Yes...Seafood....my favorites :)
Dishes Ordered:

A pot of my favorite Ti Kuan Yin.....

The Sabah Vege - Garlic Fried

Sabah White Clam - Ginger & Spring onion fried

...and the main intention here...Red Lobster - special gravy or "Seong Thong" in cantonese. Half kilo only la for personal consumption :)

Nampak macam banyak....tapi I finished all wihtout any waste...must be very hungry huh? Hehehe...

Whats for dessert after dinner? The RM1 cut fruits I picked up from the market...The pineapples are really sweets..

Whats for snack tonight?? Also picked up some snacks at the market earlier...
Biskut Lidah?? Tak nampak macam lidah pun...taste like the batang buruk we have in semenanjung.

Keropok Amplang?? Made of ikan tenggiri.

Kuih Cincin??..ni cincin masuk berapa jari yek?? :) Hmm....byk nyer makan kat KK nih....mcm nak menebus kehampaan kat Kuching jer??? Hehehehe...Well...3 times here in KK...I would say I enjoy KK much more than Kuching even just a short trip. Everything here is quite centred in the town within reach and you can easily move around by walking....the seafood itself would make me a very satisfied tourist....hehehee.

OK...time to prepare for my onsite work tomorrow morning....then I have few more hrs in the afternoon to wonder around and to look for forzen seafood before catching my 6.30pm flight back to KL.

2 comments:

Mediviron UOA Clinic said...

the filipino market sells 2nd hand clothes when i went 10 years ago. Ladies shifting thru second hand panties and bra, looking for the ones with less stains. I wonder if u encountered that there. Do they still sell those?

Anonymous said...

aiyo...serious? not hygenic and disgusting....better don't wear la. No I did not encountered those scene though...else that would spoil my dinner appetite!! Hehehe